As soon as we welcome a new little one in our family, we need to ensure that we have arranged for each and every baby essential for their comfort. The infants spend a majority of their time in sleeping and so one has to arrange for the comfiest and secure baby cots.
These baby cots are considered to be the most important baby essential as the majority of their time is spent in sleeping. It is considered to be the heaven for your little one as they play, snooze and also spends the entire day in their cots. As a result, you need to ensure that the baby cot is safe and sound for your little one and so before buying baby cot online or in-store, you must keep some of the important factors in mind. So, let us have a quick glance at below given some of the important tips for buying baby cot:
1. The cot that you choose must be designed according to the BSEN7 16: 2005 guidelines. This confirms that the cot is deep enough to keep your baby safe and comfortable. Also, check if the bars are at the correct distance apart as well as the cots do not have enough cut-outs or steps.
2. You can choose a crib mattress that properly fits the cot and ensure that there are no gaps between it as well as sides of the cot. Make sure that you have put your baby to sleep on their back.
3. If you are preferring a second-hand cot or a borrowed one, just make sure that the distance between the top of the mattress as well as the top of the cot sides is at least 50cm. Also, the distance between each bar is not less than 2.5cm and no more than 6.5cm. This must be checked in order to avoid the baby’s head from slipping between the bars.
4. Ensure that any of the hanging cot toys are out of the baby’s reach and does not have the danger of falling on the baby as well this crib toys affects the baby sleep. Also, if your baby has started to push himself up on hands and knees, just remove the hanging toys completely in order to avoid any kind of injury to the little one.
5. Position the baby’s cot away from the direct sunshine, windows, radiators, heaters, wall decorations, lamps, curtains or any furniture that the baby may use to climb out of the cot.
This is how you can ensure the safety of your baby on the baby cots.